See below for our iGO certified browsers and system requirements.
Operating System Support
If a vendor (such as Microsoft) does not support a certain operating system, we will not support it as well. iPipeline supports operating systems only up to the level that the vendor supports.
We continue to certify new versions of the most popular web browsers, including:
- Google Chrome, most recent stable version
- Microsoft Edge, most recent stable version
- Firefox, most recent stable version
- Microsoft Edge (Legacy Edge, versions prior to 78 will no longer be certified as of 3/9/2021)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer v.11 (performance and user experience is greater in non-IE modern browsers) – As of 5/15/2021 iPipeline will no longer certify Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
Mac OS & iOS
- Apple Safari, most recent stable version.
We certify iPhone and Android for the Clickwrap e-Signature/Signing process ONLY.
*Support for Android and iPhone may vary by Carrier as project specific changes are required to ensure proper rendering of forms, such as Illustrations and application PDF packages.
Chrome, most recent stable version (Clickwrap e-Signature/Signing process ONLY).
Safari, most recent stable version (Clickwrap e-Signature/Signing process ONLY).
What does certified mean? The iGO e-App, Illustrations and PolicyHS solutions support a variety of robust, complex features that require extensive testing and validation when new or updated technology is introduced to the marketplace. When iPipeline certifies a new browser or operating system, it means that full regression testing and defect remediation has been completed for that version. Completing this testing and validation effort ensures our customers receive the optimal user experience when leveraging the platform.
What does Non-Certified mean? iPipeline does not support operating systems or browsers outside of mainstream support. If your preferred browser and/or operating system is not contained in the list above, it means that iPipeline does not complete testing of the platform on it. Platform testing is important as it ensures our solutions work optimally and that each user enjoys the best experience possible. While iPipeline does not test and certify all available operating systems and browsers, we will strive to support a user utilizing a Non-Certified OS/Browser to the extent possible. Issues and defects reported will be triaged and resolved at the discretion of iPipeline.
Additional Disconnected Requirements
- Windows 8 (not certified)
- Windows 8.1 (not certified)
- Windows 10 (please ensure your device default browser is a supported browser)
Note: if a vendor (such as Microsoft) does not support a certain operating system, we will not support it as well. iPipeline supports operating systems only up to the level that the vendor supports.
Minimum Device Requirements
- 2 GB RAM with 1 GB available
- iPipeline Certified Browser (preferred)
- Adobe Reader/PDF Reader
Required and Included in Install Package
- .NET Framework 4.6.1 Extended
- IIS Express 10.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition
- It is recommended that you have installed the latest Windows Service Packs and any critical updates that are available before proceeding with the installation of the Disconnected solution. Users are required to reboot after any Windows updates before running the install.
- iPipeline does not support multiple System Base Versions of the same Disconnected install on the same machine.
- iPipeline no longer supports Disconnected users running SQL 2005 or SQL 2008.
- Local Device Admin Rights are required for successful installation of all components of the Disconnected Solution.