Note: Please be advised that we have modified the format of our “System Requirements,” and you may notice differences between the Classic UI and Next Gen UI System Requirements formats. Please contact iPipeline Support with any questions regarding System Requirements.
We continue to certify new versions of the most popular web browsers
- Microsoft Internet Explorer v.11 & Edge
- Google Chrome, most recent stable version
- Firefox, most recent stable version
Mac OS & iOS
- Apple Safari, most recent stable version
We certify iPhone and Android for the Clickwrap e-Signature/Signing process ONLY
*Support for Android and iPhone may vary by Carrier as project specific changes are required to ensure proper rendering of forms, such as Illustrations and application PDF packages.
- Chrome, most recent stable version
- Safari, most recent stable version
Note: Please be aware that Microsoft’s support policy for Internet Explorer browser versions has changed. Microsoft will no longer be issuing bug and security fixes for certain combinations of Operating Systems and Browsers as of January 12th, 2016 (read more about Microsoft’s Policies and the discontinuation of IE 9 & 10 here) It is our policy to support Browser and Operating system combinations supported by the manufacturer, therefore while System Base Version 9.0 and the Next Gen UI were tested on IE 9 & 10, we cannot guarantee continued full support for those browser versions going forward.
What does certified mean? The iGO e-App, Illustrations and PolicyHS solutions support a variety of robust, complex features that require extensive testing and validation when new or updated technology is introduced to the marketplace. When iPipeline certifies a new browser or operating system, it means that full regression testing and defect remediation has been completed for that version. Completing this testing and validation effort ensures our customers receive the optimal user experience when leveraging the platform.
What does Non-Certified mean? If your preferred browser and/or operating system is not contained in the list above, it means that iPipeline does not complete testing of the platform on it. Platform testing is important as it ensures our solutions work optimally and that each user enjoys the best experience possible. While iPipeline does not test and certify all available operating systems and browsers, we will strive to support a user utilizing a Non-Certified OS/Browser to the extent possible. Issues and defects reported will be triaged and resolved at the discretion of iPipeline.
Additional Disconnected Requirements
Please Note: Be advised that every users’ device and device set up is unique. Device settings, admin rights, firewalls, security programs (to name a few) can interfere with the install and update processes. iPipeline will support users to the extent possible, but issue resolution may not always be achievable.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 (please ensure your device default browser is a supported browser)
Minimum Device Requirements
- 2 GB RAM with 1 GB available
- iPipeline Certified Browser (preferred)
- Adobe Reader/PDF Reader
Required and Included in Install Package
- .NET Framework 4.6.1 Extended
- IIS Express 10.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express Edition
- It is recommended that you have installed the latest Windows Service Packs and any critical updates that are available before proceeding with the installation of the Disconnected solution. Users are required to reboot after any Windows updates before running the install.
- iPipeline does not support multiple System Base Versions of the same Disconnected install on the same machine.
- iPipeline no longer supports Disconnected users running SQL 2005 or SQL 2008.
- Local Device Admin Rights are required for successful installation of all components of the Disconnected Solution.